Mid/Senior Software Engineer - DevRel
At Upstash, we are building the next generation data platform for the serverless and edge era. Our cloud platform lets users deploy data services in seconds and immediately start using them.
We're looking for an Open Source and Developer Relations Engineer. Your responsibilities will revolve around the care and progression of our open-source projects, which includes maintaining, documenting and creating OSS projects. Additionally, you'll be the voice of Upstash within our developer community, helping to answer questions, provide support, and encourage an inclusive and vibrant atmosphere.
- Maintain our open-source projects, which includes resolving issues, implementing new features, and improving the overall quality of the codebase.
- Come up with new ideas for open-source projects that will help developers build better applications and implement them.
- Build new examples and demos to showcase the capabilities of Upstash together with other technologies.
- Be our ambassador within the developer community, providing answers, offering support, and cultivating a warm, inclusive atmosphere.
- Collaborate with our internal product and engineering teams, relaying feedback and insights gathered from the developer community.
- Champion our platform and open-source projects to increase their visibility and adoption.
- Prior experience contributing to open-source projects. (Even if it's your own)
- Deep care about the quality of the software you build.
- Experience with full-stack technologies, like Next.js and others.
- Cloud platform/services experience, especially Vercel, AWS, Cloudflare and Netlify
- Experienced painpoints in serverless applications and have ideas to improve it
- Contributions to other open source projects
- Vue.js, Nuxt, Svelte or Remix experience
- An eye for design and UX
- Python or Rust experience
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Work from anywhere in the world
- Budget for events and tech talks