Frontend Product Engineer- Tooling (f/m/d)
We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow) and Bessemer Venture Partners in the USA.
We’re based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, we’re happy to support your relocation.
At Upvest, our vision is to make investing as easy as spending money. By enabling any business to offer investment opportunities, our goal is to empower anyone to invest. Today, we count 150+ talented people from 30 different countries.
We are seeking a full-time full-stack engineer to help us build a securities API for financial institutions, the first such API in Europe. Your goal is to take ownership of designing, developing, and maintaining internal tooling we use to enable our investment banking operations. This includes building the back-office and admin web dashboards and tools, developer tooling, and more.
The Tooling Apps team designs and builds all the internal tools for our Operations and Customer Support colleagues to be able to operate all the bank processes. These processes are a core part of Upvest’s value proposition and crucial to get right to enable modern, compliant and mostly automated banking operations.
The team plans, designs, and implements all tools together with stakeholders from other departments. We use the most appropriate tool for each job: From web applications, internal libraries, and SDKs, all the way to new ideas we haven't even considered yet. The team owns the vision for helping us automate as many of these processes as we can.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Own our internal tooling as part of the product engineering team
- Make an impact as we are ramping up the product
- Design and build easy-to-use, low-friction tooling to enable efficient day-to-day operations.
- Interact with stakeholders (Operations, Customer Support, and other Product Engineering teams) to learn more about the product and ensure delivery quality
- Explore ways to help other Product Engineering teams automate aspects of day-to-day development activities. This could include building web applications, SlackOps, etc.
- Deliver fast and often. We embrace an agile methodology with a retrospective and demo at the end of the two-week cycle.
- A strong product engineering mindset, pragmatically bridges the why with the engineering side
- Experience or willingness to learn backend languages and concepts (Go, SQL, Postgres)
- Focus on code quality and extensibility
- Security-focused mindset
- The eagerness to learn and explore new technologies
- High sense of taking ownership
- Proactiveness and excitement to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Greenfield projects. We’re building something quite complex and a first in Europe. This means we’re working with cutting-edge technologies and with no legacy code.
- Wellbeing. At Upvest, everyone has access to our in-house coach where you can have regular sessions to support you personally and professionally.
- Development. In keeping with one of our core values, ‘Learn and Grow’, every Upvenger has access to a development budget. In line with one of our other values, ‘Own the Outcome’, how you choose to make the most of it, is up to you.
- Flexibility. We work in a hybrid setup with the team distributed around Germany and Europe. We give you the choice (and budget) to spend your time where you are most comfortable and productive, either at home or the office. You choose.
- Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression over Perfection.
- Team first. We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others' opinions. We win and celebrate together! Team over Egos.
- Own the outcome. Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome over Process.
- Tell the story. We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency over Complexity.
Upvest is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees